This idea emerged during the FoodSpark series on Arts & Culture. Leave comments below to add thoughts and contribute ideas for how it might be actualized.
Why does it matter? What impact might this idea make?
The following description was offered by participants as a way of understanding the prospective impact of this idea:
- Many creative students lack the necessary resources (outlets, forums) to discover, develop, explore, cultivate, and capitalize from their artistic talent.
- Artists seek to create constantly, but lack the means to do so.
- Change the lives and futures of aspiring artists.
- This opportunity could provide a positive outlet for young people and introduce them to new media.
- It could develop more diverse artist pools and pipelines for different fields.
How might this idea work?
The following description was offered by participants as a way of understanding how this idea might work:
- It can be structured with multiple studios and shared spaces to create.
- Workshops can be used to help young people master new skills.
- It could be like a co-working space, but for artists—co-making.
- It should include open stations, work tables, donated art supplies, etc for shared use.
How else might this idea work? What could be added and considered? Share thoughts below.
What actions can be taken to actualize this idea?
The following actions were listed by participants in the FoodSpark Idea Studio on Arts & Culture:
- Secure a facility (corporate building, old school or church) for use.
- Recruit volunteers for facility management.
- Write proposals to pursue funding and development of the idea.
What additional actions might be considered to actualize this idea? Leave suggestions in the comments below.
Who might participate/engage with this idea?
People groups listed by participants of the FoodSpark Idea Studio on Arts & Culture included the following:
- Youth in middle and high school
- Local artists, as both participants and mentors
- Aspiring artists
Who else might participate in this idea? Leave ideas below.
Who might be a partner for this idea?
Entities listed by participants in the FoodSpark Idea Studio on Arts & Culture included the following entities as partners to engage for this idea:
- Arts organizations and funders
- Schools and universities
- Corporate donors
- Art Mart and Blick
- Express Scripts
Do you know of other prospective partners for this idea? Leave a comment below with more suggestions.
When might this idea happen?
Where might this idea happen?
- Near schools
- Rehabbed/repurposed houses within neighborhoods